Jules Gluten Free's Safety & Manufacturing Statement
Taking extra strides to protect your health by taking contamination and food safety seriously.
Because celiac disease impacts the employees of our company and their families, Jules Gluten Free™ is extra sensitive to the precautions that must be taken to ensure the integrity of the gluten-free products we produce. The following are the procedures in place that give you confidence when you buy Jules Gluten Free™ products.
- The Dyersville, Iowa production facility is certified 100% gluten-free and kosher, and is free from the top 8 FDA food allergens, eliminating the risk of cross contamination simply by what it doesn't allow in.
- Raw ingredients are randomly tested before being mixed, even though all are selected because they come from certified gluten-free suppliers.
- Each lot of finished flour is tested before leaving the facility using neogen gluten testing — a more sophisticated test than widely used elisa swab testing. This method calculates the gliadin level in the product and is more accurate and telling than the elisa testing.
- Industry certification ensures our compliance with best practices accepted and monitored by Gluten Intolerance Group’s Gluten-Free Certification Program (GFCO) as well as by similar testing and monitoring by the American Institute of Baking (AIB) and the stringent guidelines established by the Chicago Rabbinical Council (CRC) in their kosher certification program.
- Ongoing employee training at our production facility ensures that everyone involved in the process is acutely aware of the importance of their role in producing a safe product.
Simply put, we know of no other production facility that is, or can be, doing more. These facts, as well as the fact that the families of our employees use these products, from this very facility, every day, should give you the same confidence to buy Jules Gluten Free™ All Purpose Flour and mixes for your family.